The time has finally come for a new little mermaid movie, and I can hardly wait to see it!
Everyone remembers the impact Disney’s “The Little Mermaid” had on us as kids since 1989. The story of an adventurous Mermaid princess obsessed with the human world. Ariel finds love with a prince named Eric after saving him from a shipwreck. She goes to great lengths to be with him, even to the point of costing her own voice.
The new “Little Mermaid” has something amazing to look forward too. It is live action, meaning, this is no cartoon people. This movie is people, no cartoons! Being “live action” isn’t the only difference from the Disney version, the whole story line has changed.
5 main differences to look forward to:
- The main character is a little girl named Elle who doesn’t believe in Mermaids. Little does she know, she will become friends with one, and discover she has the heart of a Mermaid.
- The story starts on land, and ends at sea.
- There is no Prince Eric, rather a reporter who goes to document this so called “Mermaid” at a circus for his paper. He later decides to help this Mermaid escape from the evil Locke who is keeping her captive.
- There is no Sebastian, Flounder as her trusty side kicks.
- Elizabeth (the Mermaid) didn’t lose her voice! Rather her soul was taken from her and is the reason she has to remain in the circus.
Let’s hope Elizabeth, the Mississippi Mermaid, can get back to her underwater home!
So… Do you have the heart of a Mermaid?