If you haven’t heard of a Mermaid Pillow before, get ready! They are so fun just to watch. Who knew sequins could be so entertaining?
Anyone else feel better after watching this?
There are plenty of places to purchase the Mermaid pillows online ranging from $10-$150 depending on where you look. They first became popular back in January of 2016 when a newscaster stumbled across some and filmed it. Since then, they have only grown in popularity. If you are interested in knowing more about the fabric or possibly doing a craft, check out my post on Mermaid Sequin Fabric. These pillows also make for a great mermaid gift.
Mermaid sequin pillows on Amazon
Some come in different shapes
etsy can customize your mermaid pillow!
Etsy has some great vendors that will customize your Mermaid pillow to print pretty much what ever you want.
quality Mermaid fabric
There are a few indicators that will help you know it’s a quality pillow.
- Small sequins closely knit together
- Dark edges where the sequin flips indicates a thicker sequin less likely to break
- The sequins have a shiny side and a matte side. This will help add a “pop” to the shiny side and make the pillow look professional
- The base fabric can be Polyester/Polyester Knit, Mesh, Spandex, Chiffon, Taffeta, Silk Dupioni
- Avoid stretch fabric
Here are examples of how you can use Mermaid pillows in your decor, but the possibilities are endless!
My favorite brand is the Ankit brand with a discount code of 20% off you total order. Type in the code:
Mermaid Pillow Maintenance
Now that you have a Mermaid Pillow, how do you take care of it?
Since these pillows are more decoration rather then sleeping, you might not even need to wash them at all. If you do remember a few things!
- If you see a string don’t pull on it! Take the pillow case off and sew a sequin back on from the inside of the pillow case.
- When it comes to stains, spot check first. If you can take out the stain by hand, it works best with a warm wet cloth.
- If the stain needs more work, hand washing is best in cold water with hand wash friendly detergent.
- If that stain is really bad (what were you doing?), put it in the wash. Make sure it is inside out in a mesh lingerie bag. Wash should be on the gentle cold cycle, not putting to much strain on the sequins.
- Never iron your sequins to get ride of wrinkles. Leave the pillow case in the bathroom while you shower and the steam should do the trick.
I hope you have enjoyed this review! Feel free to leave a comment and let me know if there is a brand or color you like the best!